The sale or purchase of a business can be complex and a detailed agreement is required to ensure all bases are covered and both parties satisfied. When these agreements are not met a dispute often arises. Tensions can run high, particularly when large sums of money are involved and a lot of time has been invested.
GA Solicitors has advised both sellers and purchasers in the midst of a dispute in regards to breaches of payment terms, warranty claims, confidential information and trade secret disputes.
Common potential claims arising from the sale and purchasing of businesses include:
- A claim pursuant to Misrepresentation Act 1967
- A claim for breach of warranty
- A claim on the indemnities
- A claim for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- A claim related to breaches of fiduciary duties
- A claim in frustration (an unforeseen event has rendered the contractual obligations impossible or has radically changed the principal purpose of the contract)
We have experience resolving disputes through courts, arbitration and adjudication as well as alternative dispute resolution routes such as mediation. We will choose the route best suited to your situation, ensuring as smooth a resolution as possible, in the most cost-effective manner.
If you are in a dispute then you need advice from an experienced team with an honest, cost-effective and results-driven approach. Call GA’s business disputes team today on 01752 203500 or email enquiries@GAsolicitors.com.