Partner and head of team
I joined GA in 2010 and am the head of GA’s commercial property team.
I did my training with London West End firm Brecher & Co, with whom I qualified in 1992. After relocating from the City back in 1997, I worked with Plymouth law firms Bond Pearce (now Womble Bond Dickinson) and Foot Anstey before joining GA.
I specialise in commercial landlord and tenant, development, investment, acquisition and disposal work with particular expertise in the retail sector.
I have been fortunate enough to advise on several major schemes over the years, including P&O Estates on the site assembly and lettings for Drake Circus Shopping Centre, the largest town centre retail development in Plymouth; and Sutton Harbour Group on the pre-letting of a mixed-use scheme at Portland, Weymouth in readiness for the 2012 Olympic sailing events.
More recently I have acted for:
- Pentwin Limited on the portfolio sale of its commercial properties across the country occupied by Epwin Group
- ERS Transition Ltd, a leading emergency and non-emergency patient transport provider, advising on the property aspects of its securing of nationwide contracts with the NHS when it purchased the ERS Medical Brand from SRCL Limited
- Local and national clients include Harrier LLC, Michael Spiers Jewellers, ERS Transition Limited, Harveys Foundry Trust and The Cary Trust
Away from work, family and beloved Labrador, I still retain my childhood passion for cricket and football and for my sins, remain an avid Spurs fan!
- David working with us is like having our own in house property department. He is an outstanding property lawyer and a real pleasure to deal with.
- David is a brilliant and innovative first class property lawyer
- He is a particularly able property lawyer drawing on his extensive knowledge of the 54 Act. Approachable and knowledgeable he never fails to deliver and is a pleasure to deal with particularly as he distils complicated legal issues into simpler formats readily appreciated and understood by the client.