Family law & divorce
Sadly, life and relationships do not always work out as we had hoped. When this happens you need to know you have a family law specialist in your corner, looking after your interests and the interests of those you care about.
- Child arrangements
- No Fault Divorce
- Acting for families where the Local Authority has intervened
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Domestic violence
- Financial arrangements
- Issues arising from relationship breakups
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Legal aid
Wills, trusts & probate
No one likes to envisage and plan for the worst, but failing to do so can have severe consequences. You could leave dependents financially deprived at a time they are most vulnerable and the government may become a major beneficiary of your estate; rather than your loved ones.
At GA Solicitors we only represent victims and our specialist personal injury team has recovered compensation for thousands of people, totalling millions of pounds.
- Assaults in the workplace
- Criminal injuries
- Accidents on board ships/admiralty claims
- Armed forces injury claims
- Accident or illness abroad
- Animal injuries, accidents and bites
- Sports injuries
- Child accident claims (Injuries to children)
- Motorcycle and road traffic accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Head injuries
- Fatal accidents claims
- Accidents in public spaces
- Accidents at work
Wills, inheritance & trust disputes
GA Solicitors is one of only a handful of law firms across Devon and Cornwall which provides a dedicated and specialist wills, inheritance and trusts disputes service.
- Professional negligence claims against will writers/solicitors
- Court of Protection, including claims relating to financial abuse of the elderly
- Burial and cremation disputes
- Deathbed gifts
- Lifetime promises and gifts
- Property ownership disputes
- Applications to remove executors/trustees
- Investigations and claims against executors/trustees
- Inheritance disputes
- Contesting a will
If you experience problems with your employer it can be an extremely stressful and worrying time. We advise you to seek professional advice at the outset to ensure a fair outcome and to protect your interests.
Asbestos & industrial disease
Suffering from an illness can be devastating, but when you suffered the illness through work it can make it even more difficult.
- Asbestos Claims
- Bereavement from related asbestos disease
- Lung Cancer
- Occupational asthma
- Occupational dermatitis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Long COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Industrial deafness
- Hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) at work
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
When requiring medical advice or care we put our trust in the experts. In the UK we can usually be confident that our private and NHS healthcare is of a very high standard, however, mistakes can happen and when they do they can be devastating.
We understand that facing a dispute can be stressful, particularly if the dispute is related to your home or property. Our experienced property litigation team has decades of specialist expertise in this niche and often complex area of the law.