Having surgery can be stressful and worrying enough, when that surgery is negligent then the effects of this can be truly devastating.
There are a number of ways in which a surgery can be considered negligent and lead to a surgical negligence claim:
- The wrong operation was performed
- The operation was performed on the wrong body part
- It resulted in nerve or organ damage
- Foreign objects were left in the body e.g. surgical instruments
- Poor hygiene led to infection
- Incorrect measure of anaesthetic was used (too much or too little)
- You were not informed of all the possible risks of the surgery
- Your full medical history was not properly assessed before checking your suitability for the surgery
- It was improperly executed
- Unnecessary scarring and tissue damage
For there to be a valid claim, it needs to be proven that the medical professional did not meet sufficient standards that you would expect from that body of surgeons.
If you are suffering after surgical negligence then you need GA Solicitors’ medical negligence on your side. We will talk you through your case and ensure you have all of the necessary after care you require.
GA Solicitors’ medical negligence team includes members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, (APIL), as well as being ranked in Chambers UK and The Legal 500. You can be assured that your claim is in the best possible hands.