We all put a high amount of trust into our GPs and they are often your first port of call. If your GP failed to diagnose your condition, or made a misdiagnosis, then the effects of this could be devastating. Both emotionally and physically.
The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) has guidelines in place to help GPs provide treatment and make referrals. Failure to follow those guidelines can result in unnecessary patient suffering, negligent treatment or diagnosis.
Some of the common GP negligence claims dealt with by GA’s medical negligence team include:
- Failure to make a diagnosis
- Incorrect reading of results
- Failure to refer for further testing
- Failure to refer to a specialist
- Failure to provide the correct medication
- Failure to undertake necessary physical examinations
- Not taking full medical and family history into consideration
If you believe that you have received negligent care from your GP and are suffering as a result, then you need to speak with GA’s experienced medical negligence team today.
GA Solicitors’ medical negligence team includes members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, (APIL), as well as being ranked in Chambers UK and The Legal 500. You will be in the best possible hands.