Partner and head of team
I am a partner and head of GA’s energy team.
I have nearly 20 years’ experience working for UK and International developers, asset managers, investors, funds and community groups on large scale wind and solar projects with site and project acquisition, disposal and finance work at various prestigious law firms.
I have also advised landowners, not only in leasing their land to energy developers but also in how to develop and operate their own energy projects. I have given talks to landowners and land agents as part of agricultural seminars at the Royal Agricultural University and also as part of the British Institute of Agricultural Consultants (BIAC) Rural Planning Conferences.
Some of my recent energy experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiating numerous options to lease land for energy generation and storage projects
- Providing and implementing strategic advice to an investment fund to maximise the value of one of the UK’s largest portfolios of solar assets
- Advising developers on behind the meter battery storage projects and co-location of batteries with generating assets
- Drafting and negotiating numerous options and easements for cable routes relating to solar, wind, energy from waste and battery projects
- Advising community groups on rooftop and ground mounted solar schemes
- Advising on all property aspects of financing and re-financing of energy projects, including carrying out due diligence and the preparation and negotiation of certificates of title and direct agreements.
I am a member of Entrepreneurial Women in Renewable Energy, a co-founder of the Bristol based Business and Energy Sector Strategy and Insights Group and a board member of Low Carbon Gordano, a Community Benefit Society helping to create a low carbon future through renewable energy generation, carbon capture and energy storage.