I joined GA’s dispute resolution team in July 2020. Having qualified as a solicitor in October 2010, I have a strong litigation background with experience in resolving a range of commercial and civil disputes, with a particular focus on contentious trusts and probate disputes and professional negligence. I have conducted cases in the high court and up to the court of appeal. My specialist areas include:
- Contentious trusts and probate disputes, such as contesting wills, making claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and disputes between trustees
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors, accountants, financial advisors, architects, surveyors and insurance brokers
- Disputes between businesses
I became a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA) in 2020, which means that I have up to date training in this developing area of law. I am also an accredited mediator which is useful for deciding when to try to settle a case or whether to pursue it in the courts.
I studied Law and French at Cardiff University between 2001 and 2005, which included a year’s study at the Université de Nantes, France. I completed the legal practice course at the University of Plymouth, in my hometown.
- Thank you for your speedy and precise help with this matter, as always GA comes up trumps!!
- Matthew helped with sound advice in what had become a very tricky situation, the fact that he was there made the whole situation easier to deal with, can’t recommend him highly enough.
- Thank you Matthew for your help and advice with the resolution of a business contract dispute. Your advice was clearly laid out and easy to understand, this made the options available to us easier to make and all was completed within a swift time frame.