As well as being a qualified solicitor, I hold the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. I find this helps me to take a holistic approach to succession planning and allows me to work seamlessly with your trusted financial adviser to find effective solutions in even the most complex of situations.
Whilst I advise on a wide range of issues affecting individuals and trusts, I am particularly focused on:
- Advising business owners on tax efficient succession planning methods
- Advising farmers on optimising inheritance tax reliefs and on succession planning
- Creating trusts to protect disabled individuals
- Using trusts to mitigate tax and protect assets
- Providing advice on mitigating inheritance tax
- Advising on capacity and elderly client issues and making applications to the Court of Protection
- Succession planning for individuals with assets based abroad
I am a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) having completed the Diploma in Trusts and Estates, the most comprehensive qualification in the trusts and estates field. To find out some of the benefits of using a STEP qualified practitioner see the advising families website.
I am also one of only a handful of local members of SFE (Solicitors for the Elderly) and a member of the Law Society’s Private Client Section.
I pride myself on providing quality advice in a timely manner. It is important to me to be able to explain complex legal matters concisely, clearly and in language that you understand.
I am delighted to have had my service highlighted once again by the independent legal ranking service, Chambers & Partners, in particular focusing on my efficiency of service. My team is also ranked in The Legal 500.
- His sense of humour coupled with his excellent professional approach and his inter personal skills makes him our first class solicitor in Plymouth.
- Matthew was excellent he was very attentive and took on board all of our 'problems' and explained clearly how best to proceed both in compiling our Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorneys.
Loved the cup of tea and biscuit - a lovely touch!
- Thank you Matthew,
More especially, may we thank you for the really excellent service you have provided to us throughout. We have been impressed by your prompt attention and pro active involvement throughout, dealing with the estate of my late mother in law and you have kept us fully informed at each stage of the process.
Well done - five star service!
- Thank you for taking a calm and sensitive approach with my mum - you put her greatly at ease and have helped her to get this sorted out in as stress free a way as possible.
- From the very first point of contact, Matthew Rose was kind, empathetic and such a good listener. The service he gave was impeccable in every way. He always kept me well informed with information and expected time frames. Whenever the ball was in his court he dealt with it immediately. I can't thank him enough for the way he handled my case. He is a real asset to the company for sure!