Partner and head of team
After completing my legal training at GA Solicitors in 2008, I re-joined the fold in 2013 after gaining a further five years of experience in the commercial property sector.
I have a long established and loyal client base, as well as significant property experience in the commercial and development property sectors. I started off as a paralegal and moved my way up through the ranks and became a partner in 2017 and head of the firm’s award-winning residential conveyancing team in 2020.
I deal with a wide range of property matters but, in particular, specialise in all aspects of the development of commercial and residential property. This includes site assembly, landowner agreements, easements, conditional contracts, promotion, overage and option agreements and more general development agreements. I also advise on the site set up, the appropriate management structure and the sales process of development projects.
I have a diverse client base including landowners, real estate investors, London-based hedge funds, house builders and commercial developers.
Some recent experience includes:
- Advising on the option agreement and subsequent purchase and sub-sale of a 100 home development site in Cornwall
- Acting on behalf of the developer in the acquisition of a former hotel which was converted to an exclusive development of luxurious apartments sold with their own private moorings
- Acting for a hedge fund in the restructure and sale, subject to planning, of a shopping centre in Manchester
- Thank you so much for dealing with our affairs so courteously and professionally. It was a daunting task that we undertook and your help has been invaluable.
- I find Tony to be approachable, easy to contact and experienced. Tony’s strengths include his ability to explain complex legal processes/terminology in simpler and understandable terms.
GA and Tony in particular are definitely better value for money than other firms I have used to undertake similar work.
- Tony is excellent in the property field and always looks for a solution to the problem rather than a problem with no solution. A very good out of the box thinker without compromising professionalism and integrity.
- Appointing a good commercial solicitor ought to be high on your list, I would recommend that you have a chat with Tony Dupreez of GA Solicitors. I have worked opposite him a number of times and found him to be an effective, practical commercial lawyer who does not look for issues where there aren't any. I did recommend him previously ....that deal was fairly complex yet we seemed to get the legal element sorted quickly and effecitvely with minimal fuss.
- All of the personnel who dealt with my matter were fantastic - they were all very efficient, knowledgeable and competent - I am an IFA and deal with a lot of solicitors, it's a shame that only a minority have staff as good as yours. I would recommend GA Solicitors to any client - thank you for your help in getting a difficult sale through.