GA Solicitors to partner Race for Life events in Plymouth
PLYMOUTH law firm GA Solicitors is to partner Cancer Research UK for its two Race for Life events in Plymouth.
The three-year partnership will see the firm support both the 5k event at The Hoe on Sunday 16th June, and the Pretty Muddy event at Central Park on Sunday 29th September.
Stephen Ramsden, managing partner of GA Solicitors, commented: “We are delighted to have agreed a three year partnership with Cancer Research. Not only are these two fantastic events, but the work undertaken by the charity is so important. These events bring the whole city together in the fight against cancer and we will proudly be in attendance at both events to show our support.”
Ruth Chamings, Cancer Research UK’s Plymouth Event Manager, said: “We’re delighted to welcome GA Solicitors as our local partner. Race for Life helps people affected by cancer, by raising money for research, including funding clinical trials which help give patients across Devon access to the latest treatments.
“We’re very grateful for the support they are giving to our Plymouth events and the fantastic fundraising their staff are doing. The partnership helps Race for Life to raise as much as possible for vital research.
“Every day, 90 people in the South West region are diagnosed with cancer*. By supporting Cancer Research UK, GA Solicitors is helping the charity’s doctors, nurses and scientists help more men, women and children in the South West survive.”
This year, for the first time, Cancer Research UK is inviting everyone – women, men and children – to join the Race for Life – meaning all staff at the firm are able to take part. There are events for people of all ages and abilities.
Ruth added: “Thanks to everyone who raises money, Cancer Research UK is able to fund research into 200 types of cancer. The good news is more people are surviving the disease than ever before. Cancer survival in the UK has doubled since the early 1970s and Cancer Research UK’s work has been at the heart of that progress.”
GA’s managing partner, Stephen Ramsden, and marketing and communications director, Katy McKenna, with Cancer Research UK Race for Life Event Manager Ruth Chamings.
For press enquiries please contact Ruth Chamings, Race for Life Event Manager, on mobile 07918 650610.
Notes to Editors
*All cancers (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer) annual average 2012-2014 in the South West Region.
Race for Life events in Plymouth
Plymouth 5k – The Hoe – Sunday 16th June 2019
Plymouth Pretty Muddy – Central Park – Sunday 29th September 2019
About Race for Life
- Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life, in partnership with Tesco, is an inspiring series of 5k, 10k, Pretty Muddy and Pretty Muddy Kids events which raise millions of pounds every year to help defeat cancer by funding life-saving research.
- During 2019, over 400 Race for Life events will take place around the UK.
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no funding from the UK government for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on vital donations from the public.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last 40 years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
About GA Solicitors
GA Solicitors can trace its roots back more than 200 years and has been steadfastly helping the people and business in Plymouth and the South West for its duration. Originally based in Devonport, the firm gets its initials from Thomas Husband Gill who joined the practice in 1875 and later went into partnership with Albert E. Akaster.
Now one of the region’s leading law firms, the 78-strong team at the Lexcel-accredited LLP, conveniently accessible at their Plymouth city centre office, is structured around seven practice areas, each comprising its own specialist department:
For more information visit: www.GAsolicitors.com