I am a specialist lawyer with more than a decade of legal experience. Hailing from Cape Town, South Africa, I joined GA in 2002 as a legal secretary, going on to qualify as a lawyer in 2009. A fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, I became a partner of the firm in 2016.
My areas of expertise include probate, estate administration, wills and Powers of Attorney preparation. My specialisms within this include:
- Probate applications (testate and intestate)
- Administration of taxable and non-taxable estates (testate and intestate)
- Will preparation
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advising on capacity and elderly client issues, to include making applications to the Court of Protection
I am a full member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) which highlights me as one of the most experienced and specialist practitioners in my field. I am also a member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) and passed the SFE’s Older Client Care in Practice (OCCP) Award, which focuses on evidencing and building optimal older client service and communications.
My friendly and caring nature, together with my high standards and expectations, enable me to forge and maintain excellent client relations.
I am a past-president of Tavistock Rotary Club and remain an active member serving the local community. I am also a trustee of Tavistock Memory Cafe, Drake Lodge (Abbeyfield Tavistock Society) and The Pearn Almshouse Trust.
Officially titled a Dementia Friends Champion, I have provided training to the whole firm allowing it to be awarded the Dementia Friendly business status.
- On behalf of the whole family, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for the excellent work that you have done during probate and during the power of attorney. All too often we hear how the wheels of the legal profession turn slowly and in an old fashioned and rigid way. Not so with yourself! Your diligence, attention to detail and speed of response has been first class and so has your approachability. As the legal work nears completion we would like to wish you all the very best during these difficult times and we hope we can all come through it soon.
- I should like to record my very real appreciation of your professional expertise and unfailing consideration and kindness in guiding me through the legal technicalities. I admire your patience!
(...) Needless to say, I recommend the professional services of GA Solicitors to anyone, with complete confidence.
- We wish to express our thanks and sincere gratitude for the manner in which you conducted the execution of our late sister-in-law's estate. Your professionalism, efficiency and kind manner helped us during this very traumatic time.
- May I say it has been an absolute pleasure working with you over the past year. You are a credit to Gill Akaster. It is refreshing to be able to deal with a "dusty old profession" when there is a personal touch attached. I have had no hesitation in singing your praises and recommending you and your company to all that I know
- The whole process with Mr D was very smooth and we were really pleased with the way you handled his affairs. Thank you again, we cannot recommend you enough.
- I just wanted to say a BIG thank you for all your help in sorting out dad's estate. We really couldn't have got through the past year and a half without you. Your support and kindness throughout has been amazing.
- May I take the opportunity to express my sincere thanks to you and your team for the excellent service and kind understanding shown. I would not hesitate to recommend Gill Akaster Solicitors or indeed use your services again in the near future myself.
- Exceptional professional standards and very personal service. Exceptional personal skills and excellent communication skills. Very satisfied with the experience.