I am an award-winning family lawyer and an associate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
I joined GA Solicitors in 2003 having completed a higher national diploma in legal practice from Plymouth University.
I work in the family department undertaking a range of family law and matrimonial work. I have a varied case load which includes divorce, financial matters, children issues and domestic violence work. I really enjoy this spectrum of work and consistently achieve excellent results for clients – demonstrated by my outstanding feedback.
I was honoured to secure the coveted and national title of Legal Executive or Paralegal of the Year 2014 in the Family Law Awards in London.
As well as my work to support the firm’s clients, I work alongside other local law firms to provide assistance to victims of domestic abuse at Plymouth Domestic Abuse Service (PDAS). I have helped to raise money and offer guidance to this well deserving centre.
I have been recommended for my work by researchers at The Legal 500 2021 who found that: “‘Gloria Dyer is outstanding in her field. She stands out for her willingness to give advice and guidance where it is needed, her determination to leave no stone unturned in her preparation, and her complete belief that what she does is the right thing, which means belief is instilled in the client she is representing. This does not just go for Gloria but all the people who work for her or alongside her,” in addition to, “I would say that my case was not the easiest or most straightforward case anyone would like to take on. Gloria Dyer did just that and persevered with my case for its entirety. There were also other members of staff willing to put in the time and effort to get to grips with my case in Gloria’s absence.”
I have also been ranked in Chambers and Partners 2021 with researchers noting that my “regular communication…direct yet friendly style and calm manner” have been of great benefit to clients.
- Thank you very much for your help over the last couple of years. You have always been approachable and reassuring and given me good advice. I especially appreciated your guidance about when to fight and when not to and for sometimes playing "devil's advocate". I couldn't have had anyone better to steer me through the minefield of my divorce and the outcome exceeded my hopes.
- I cannot express how important your help in my case has been to me and my future peace of mind. I felt I had an Army behind me, supporting me.
- I could not speak more highly of the service that was provided by Gloria. Whilst I would not wish anyone to go through such a difficult and emotional time, I would very highly recommend Gloria to anyone going through divorce proceedings. Gloria provided a huge amount of empathy, care and non judgemental advice, which were both highly helpful and with hindsight, extremely beneficial. The advice I was given was absolutely correct and well judged.
- Could you convey his thanks to Gloria Dyer for the outstanding service he received from her that resulted in the court ruling that he could see his daughter the number of times he wished. He stated that the service was a hundred percent better than he had experienced with another firm he had used....he would have no hesitation in recommending Gloria to others.
- Can I please just say a huge big thank you for all of your help, guidance and assistance over what has been a particularly difficult year. It is reassuring to know when things are distressing or confusing that there is someone who can 'tell it like it is' and offer straight-forward, no-nonsense advice. You have my sincerest gratitude.