I joined GA Solicitors in 2010 as a partner and head of the firm’s residential conveyancing team. I did this until July 2020 when I was asked to become GA’s managing partner.
My background was not always in the legal profession and I actually started out as a police officer in the Metropolitan Police Service. During my time in the police I decided to take a law degree at evening classes offered through Luton University going on to achieve a first class honours degree and also being awarded the “Machins Law Prize” for the best law graduate of 1998. After passing my degree I decided to take the legal practice course (LPC) to allow me to change career paths and become a solicitor. I achieved a distinction which opened the pathway for me to my qualifying as a solicitor in 2001.
Prior to joining GA Solicitors I worked for law firms in Cornwall undertaking residential conveyancing, and still do some conveyancing work for my established clients who return to GA Solicitors to use me.
As the managing partner I oversee all aspects of the firm from compliance and accounts, through to complaints, HR and IT – as well as everything in between!
- Thank you so much for the really, really efficient service you gave us during the move. Thank you for all your late night and weekend replies to emails and for keeping us informed during the move. I have worked for several law firms over the years so I know how clients can become 'yet another file in the pile' and I was just really, really very impressed with such a personal service and such prompt replies - BRILLIANT!
- Your approachable, reassuring professionalism did much to ease the process and I felt confident that all was in hand. I know this is all in a day's work for you, but for this person you made a difference.
- Thank you so much for all your help through this process, you've been brilliant. I've heard some horror stories about solicitors never being contactable or not returning calls but I feel we've had a very smooth ride!
- As for you David, you are absolutely brilliant and that comes from the heart. You are so switched on, as history proves, that we cannot understand why the others don't operate in a similar way.
- Throughout the whole process we were both impressed and appreciative of the way in which you and Theresa kept us informed of details and correspondence. This was in contrast to the other parties who have openly admitted to long delays in reply to queries. Thank you for your professionalism and thought...we would have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone requiring legal representation.